Saturday, September 28, 2013

Soccer

                                              
{First day of soccer.}

So when we got the fall sports catalog in the mail from our local city sports and recreation center I asked B what he wanted to play. His options were soccer, t-ball, basketball, and football; he told me that he wanted to play soccer and basketball. Dad is a football fan while baseball is my sport of choice so I tried to sway B's decision. About an hour later I ask him again and he tells me soccer. He then follows his selection by saying, "Barry plays soccer too..." Barry is the hubs' best friend and we had just visited him. During our visit Barry had a soccer game, needless to say B is pretty enamored by Barry.

B started tiny tot soccer about two weeks ago. Do you have any idea how cute it is to see about 10-15 two to three year olds attempt to play some soccer?!?! They don't actually play a soccer game, though that might be hysterical and mind-numbingly cute, but they do do some soccer drills and learn skills like passing and dribbling and throwing the soccer ball. B is pretty good for a three year old, he knows how to pass (kick the ball), dribble, and how to score. I wish this was a year long or least 6 month kind of thing but its not. 

Next sport on our list, Basketball! :)

                

{Working on some dribbling.}

{Listening to his coach give directions.}

    
{Learning how to do a big overhead throw.}

 {Taking a break.}

{My little soccer stud and I.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS