Sunday, June 23, 2013

well, hello there!

Hi there and welcome to my new blog! If you don't know me, i'm Sheri and I am glad you found your way over to my small corner of the world!

If you already know about my little family then you can probably skip over the next part but I wanted to let y'all know a little about me.  I live in sunny, wonderful California with my dear husband, amazing two year-old son, and our three dogs; two of whom this blog is named for. I previously had another blog that focused on my ever growing son but wanted to expand it to include a little bit of all of us.



I am a mess of things. I love school and have a bachelor of arts in History, hopefully I can continue on to receive a masters degree. I love to craft and have been known to take on more crafts than I possibly have time to finish. I love to cook and try out new recipes with desserts being my absolute favorite thing to make. I spend most of my days with my son whom I love more than life itself.  Some of my day is also consumed by hound cuddling... Can't say it's a bad way to spend my days.

 

B is my two year old son/sidekick/shopping & craft partner. He is a super friendly, super sweet, super trendy kinda guy. His loves include trips to the park, shopping at Target (which he will gladly point out anytime that store is passed by), reading books, fire trucks, garbage trucks, airplanes, trains, his "hound" (Lily), Sesame Street, art, his blankie, Starbucks, and snack time.





Lily Lovemuffin is my first ever dog and was given to me by my husband as an early Christmas present in 2006.  I have been hers since she was six weeks old.  She is unlike any dachshund I have ever met and I honestly think that she thinks she is a person. She rarely associates herself with the other dogs and only wants to be with people, she is too good to sleep on the floor unless there is some sort of sun bathing involved, and she is sneaky (which IS a dachshund trait). She sleeps under the covers at night and sometimes requires the use of a pillow for her little head. She also loves treats and naps.



Violet Grey is the newest addition to our family and she just turned one in May.  My husband calls her Karen- like from the cougar that jumps out of the backseat in the movie Talladega Nights, the Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Karen describes her perfectly, she is the monster of all monsters at home but a sweet angel around everyone else. She loves to terrorize her sister and use Timber as her dog bed; apparently she is too good to sleep on the floor as well. She demands attention by lying on your face and eats everyones food. She is the cutest-chubby-small-headed dachshund you'll ever meet.

 

And then there is Timber.  We rescued Timber about five years ago after moving to our permanent home. Lily was in need of a companion/minion and Timber wanted the job.  He's a nice, gentle guy, that puts up with the girls and B. He likes to sleep 20 out of the 24 hours in the day and catch flies, bees, and mosquitoes in the summer time.  He is the brawn to the girls' brains.

Though the title might be deceiving, this blog is not all about our dogs, though they might be frequently talked about. I just wanted to share our likes and dislikes, things I have made, yummy foods and recipes, and some of our fun activities.  If you are wondering why this blog is entitled A Tale of Two Dachshunds it's because if you have ever had the privilege to have a small (or large) dachshund be a part of your life you know that you do not own your little badger dog- he or she owns you. This is a household ran by two small hounds- the rest of us just abide to their bidding, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS