Sunday, June 23, 2013

sesame street live: can't stop singing

                                                
(B & I {and my lovely PPB Buttercream Cake diaper bag})

I have been wanting to take B to see Elmo/Sesame Street Live for some time now.  He has recently really gotten into Sesame Street, like, it is an integral part of our morning routine.  B loves to have breakfast and drink milk while watching Sesame Street and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, which is nice for me because it gives me time to get things done or lie around in bed for a little while longer with the girls (we are late morning risers in our household). 

Anyhow, a few months ago I got an email from Ticketmaster giving me a pre-sale code for Sesame Street Live: Can't Stop Singing.  I wanted to buy the tickets then but held out- I held out a little too long because by the time I wanted to buy them I was informed that it was no longer in our budget. I was sad because I really wanted to take B, but at the same time I figured it would just be like the two times I took B to see Disney on Ice, which only kept his attention for about half the show and then he would be totally over it. Shortly after, my husband planned a week long trip to Costa Rica- I thought it was only fair that if the hubs and I were going to Costa Rica and leaving B home, we should buy him some Sesame Street Live tickets.  So I got the blessing and the credit card and purchased them.

Today was the big day. B woke up this morning informing me that we were going to see Elmo today, clearly he was pretty excited! Sesame Street Live was totally and completely amazing, by far better than Disney on Ice. We were advised to buy seats in the aisle on the floor as the characters come up and down the aisle and interact with the kids, unfortunately our aisle was the ONLY aisle that wasn't visited by characters. Floor seats were only about $40 after fees and taxes, however, if you have a really big Sesame Street lover it is DEFINITELY worth the $70 for front row seats as they get the most character interaction for the Can't Stop Singing show. The characters are bright and colorful and the costumes were pretty awesome. B was entertained for the WHOLE show; he laughed, danced, asked me a ton of questions (his favorite being "Where did {Elmo, Abby, Zoey, Cookie Monster...} go?"), answered questions that were asked of the crowd, and just had an all around great time.

   
(We were about 8 or 9 rows from the stage)

Grandma came with us to the show because the hubs had to work and of course B scored lots of loot including a giant Elmo, an Elmo balloon, and a Sesame Street soccer ball.  The tunes were actually pretty catchy for kids tunes and I bought the CD for the car.  I guess coming from a household where the extent of kid music played is the Wheels on the Bus (over and over and over again), it's nice to change it up.  We got to the show early so B could have fun in the Sesame Street Live Fun Zone and took pictures with cut-outs of all the different characters.


     
(B & I in the Sesame Street Fun Zone before the show.)

I am kinda sad that the hubs had to work, I really wish he was there to see B have such a good time. I even told him that it was probably the most fun I have ever seen B have.  That being said I hope B continues on the Sesame Street kick until we have the opportunity to catch another live show because my heart was pretty happy seeing B so excited and I really want his daddy to have that experience with him.


              

(Before: He was so excited that he couldn't even sit still. After: He couldn't even stay awake for the ride home)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS